Thursday, January 27, 2011

The "Adoption Event" That Brenda Barnette Walked Away From

http://network.bestfriends.org/golocal/losangeles/16597/news.aspx

"Fifteen dogs, four puppies, two cats and four kittens (which included two 3 month olds) were adopted out and two dogs were placed in foster homes for potential adoption. In addition, 19 small dogs are headed for the Oregon Humane Society through Best Friends’ Pup My Ride program — all helping bring about a time of No More Homeless Pets."

CORRECTION: The 19 dogs transported to Oregon Humane CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE COUNTED as rescued. Those 19 dogs transported from LA KILLED 19 DOGS IN THE Multnomah Animal Shelter by taking homes from them. So those are cancelled out.

Is that the best you can do, Jen Woodard? In a city of 4 and a half million people and only 25 pets were adopted in a 2 day event? Hell, I do more than that on a Saturday at Petsmart. I wouldn't be bragging if I were you, I would be looking for the nearest rock to crawl under due to the embarrassment. If that is your best, I would hate to see your worst.

No comments: