Seems St. Louis is in a heap of trouble. They've stopped taking owner turn-ins, a definite must to do if you want to go "No Kill".
• Residents are even being asked to feed, house and care for "stray, often dangerous" animals that they reported to the city.
• There are still animals on the street that residents have reported and yet aren't picked up quickly, or at all.
• Reports of roaming packs of dogs are on the increase, both from Humane Society investigators and city aldermen, including several serious dog attack and bite cases from the same parts of the city.
• The city is no longer accepting unwanted animals, leading to more left on streets.
• There is no central system to track pets picked up by animal control agencies. Residents can't easily find or reclaim them.
Stay tuned for more on this story.