Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Is HSUS Drinking Winograd's Koolaid?

This is definitely disturbing to me. This excellent blog http://pitbullmuckracker.blogspot.com/2010/10/humane-society.html has pointed to a direct quote from HSUS that should have never been. Although my friends who campaign for BSL have been trying to tell me that HSUS is now the enemy, I was being reserved because I do have a great deal of respect for the work that HSUS does. I still do but this is going too far.

I understand that non profits have to lower their expectations, remain objective, and sometimes are caught between a rock and a hard place on their stances in order to keep the donations rolling in. I've been in that position as well. But to be all out against the very thing that can help the pits as well as save human life is going too far. I've been a contributer for decades to HSUS but today I wrote them to take my name off their list and informed them they would no longer receive any donation from me or my friends because of this stance.

I can always hope for a change of the Board to bring a change in philosophy, happens all the time with non profits. They are getting a little too extreme for me now with this stance on pit bulls. Although I consider myself to be radical, HSUS is getting much too radical even for me. PETA, here I come.

Honesty and Pat

2 comments:

scurrilous amateur blogger said...

i like somethings that peta does, hate others. it's the same for all orgs. no one can agree with any one organization 100% of the time. love or hate peta, they are consistent and they don't change their positions when their donations are down or they are just tired of being beaten up. this is the problem i have with wayne pacelle, he has no courage or integrity. he is for sale to the highest bidder. and that bidder was the eccentric millionairess JANE BERKEY.

hope for change al you want but the board is probably a-okay with what he is doing.

HonestyHelps said...

I'd have to say that you do have to respect PETA because they haven't backed down. Although HSUS does a lot of good, they are now on the road of doing a lot of harm with the BSL stance and actually pimping the propaganda of the "nanny" dog. When it comes to the animals, it really is dog eat dog, and money talks while bullshit walks. Thanks Craven for not telling me, "I told you so".